Monday, April 8, 2013

It Just Doesn't Make Sense.

I will warn you, this is not a typical blog post from me.  I'm not celebrating a new exercise milestone or a cool thing I found.  I just need an outlet.

So yesterday was a pretty emotional day.  Started out frustrating but I got over it.  Then on the way to the store with Shaun, there was a motorcycle accident we had to go around.  It looked bad.  The cyclist was still alive though.  However, later that night, I found out that they cyclist is the uncle of a friend from high school.  Put that image into a whole new, scary meaning.  Even before I knew someone who was related to the cyclist, I began crying and told Shaun to PLEASE not get a motorcycle.  He has wanted one for so long, but I have never liked them.  I always thought they were too dangerous.  I've known people to get killed from motorcycle accidents or become badly wounded.  Then I've known a few that could get up and walk away from an accident.  I just don't like motorcycles.  

About an hour or two later, I kind of forgot about the accident.  Then I got a phone call.

The co-owner of the company I work for called me on a Sunday afternoon.  He isn't super involved with what our company does because he is not in the mental health field.  He is a business man.  I found it odd that he would call me.  He started out with, " I have bad news for you."  Never a good thing.  My first thought was 'Am I losing my job?'  No.  He continued.  "(Your Boss) was on vacation with his son.  They were involved in a tragic accident, and they died."  

Wait.  My boss died?!  

The co-owner didn't have very many details.  He told me that my boss and his son had been missing for a couple days and were found dead.  I immediately started crying. 

I've only worked at this company for just over a year.  I was not real close with my boss, but he was still a nice guy and always pushed me to be better and to help when I needed assistance.  

I have been continuously searching Google for news reports or obituaries since I found out.  Well, today a story came out of The Salt Lake Tribune.  Apparently my boss and his son were found on Saturday, after being dead for a few days.  The article said that my boss lived in Pennsylvania.  Wrong.  He lives in Indiana. Ok, maybe he is FROM Pennsylvania, that I don't know, but I do know he certainly doesn't live there now.  The article continued on to say that they are suspecting a double suicide or a homicide-suicide.  Wait, what?!  That doesn't make sense.  AT ALL.  The sheriff is convinced that they were the only two people there and not a third person.  How are they convinced?  Nothing makes sense.  

Nothing.

The article has been updated since I started this blog.  The home states have been removed from the article.  I still want to hear from other sources.  I don't agree with this article.  Maybe I don't WANT to agree with it.  Either way, it is a sad, sad situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment